I have been doing Becky Higgins "Project Life" album. It's where you take a picture a day and journal about it. It has been such a great thing for me and really fun to look at what we've done this year already. So here is my attempt to catch my blog up on the month of March by posting some of my "Project Life" pics:
March 2
Molli's {THIRD} Birthday
(Yes, I know Daxlee is crawling on the street. Jake's back IS turned, you're right. I'm obviously keeping an eye on her through the camera lens...right? Our little daredevil. I would like to report that no injuries have occurred...yet.)
Also, I haven't mentioned yet that Gage learned to ride without training wheels, I think the beginning of this month or the end of February. He's been riding his bike everywhere ever since.

Can NOT get enough makeup!! Where did this girl come from?
Jake's went to Florida and Momma needed a break already. Gage and Molli are doing their best to tame the wild beast! Love these kids.
So grateful for friends. The Jones family were in the same situation with their Dad in Florida at the same conference Jake was at. This called for a sleepover. And a fun sleepover it was indeed!
Went to bed with the house looking like this. Daxlee was carrying around the bag with the Sunday newspaper in it so I asked Molli to take it away from Daxlee so she didn't make a mess with it. Next thing I know, Molli made a mess with it! I asked Molli multiple times to clean it up. When I thought she had finally listened and picked it up, wrong-O! I turned around and Molli was asleep on the floor in the midst of the newspaper. Did I mention that on March 1st Molli was diagnosed with Pediatric Sleep Apnea? No, really.
Daxlee is a walking machine! She especially is loving the beautiful weather so she sits and looks out this window at the dogs playing in the backyard. She yells "Gog-a! Gog-a!"
March 11thHappy {30th} birthday my main man!!! That's right, the big 3-0! I love that he turned thirty. It makes me feel like I'm a little devious, dating an older man and all... ;) You see his eyes? Oh yes, hunny, I am going to tell them...
I asked a few close friends and family to write him a little note or memory. ...
The best part? I didn't give it to him until the END of his birthday....
after he had told me over dinner that, although he doesn't mind being thirty, it does make him think about the past and whether he was the best person he could be. It made him think that maybe he could be a little better. I just sat and listened but inside was thinking, "Oh yeah, this is perfect! I totally have a pick me up for him."
And Wahlaaaa!!! "30 Years With Jake" was probably the best thing we could have done for him. So, all of you that contributed, "Thank you!" It was awesome.
One more time, look at those eyes... he LOVED it. (sorry for a little embarrassment Jake, but it had to be added for the full effect!)
The night before his birthday, I asked my friend B Jones, to come and decorate Jake's car in our driveway while we were asleep. I knew I could count on her. These are a few of my favorites that she did. Picture an Air Force Captain in full uniform, driving around the Base with these phrases written on his windows. Priceless. Thanks Becky!


We surprised him with a night at a cabin at Canyon Lakes here. It was a blast and just what we all needed.


For the second time this year, I was attacked by red ants! Last time it was my hand and Jake had to cut off the ring he made me for Christmas. This time it's my ankle. Something tells me I might be allergic to the little buggers. Or this is just what happens when you get bit 6 times. Can you guess which ankle was bitten?
How many people can say they grew and harvested a weed taller than their daughter in their own backyard??? Well, maybe a few but there is something about this winter that has made the weeds grow a mile high... and that's really not too much of an exaggeration!! I had to dig this on out with a shovel and it's only 1 of probably at least a hundred in our yard. What is the deal?!?
We had to visit Fiesta Farms where I teach the kids riding lessons during our spring break. This is Loredo that my friend and I ride once in a while. The kids absolutely love this place.
St. Patrick's Day was a ton of fun! The Leprechauns visited and left chocolate coins in the kids shoes. He also played some dirty tricks on us. Like, leaving the garbage on the kitchen counter, coloring our breakfast green, leaving a quarter for Gage and Molli on their picnic bench, getting us lost on the way to the zoo so our 20 min. drive turned into 2 1/2 hours! Dirty little leprechauns.
We also had the fabulous Cain family visit. We are so glad they could have a sleepover with us!
A waterfall at Towers of America in downtown San Antonio.
6 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. We love you all so much. See you very soon!
SO glad that he liked the book! Glad to have contributed... kind of wish we had a more recent picture of all of us, but that Columbus trip was awesome!
Haley
i can't believe how big daxlee is! what cutie kids. we miss you guys!
& i was laughing my pants off when i read tat's letter to jat.
First of all, congratulations on a new blog post. And what the heck, Daxlee is walking and I haven't even seen it yet! I LOVE all of the pics! I miss you guys. We need to plan something asap. And hope your throat feels better. And I've probably gained 20 pounds since I've seen you last. It's pretty awesome.
Looks like you had a fantastic Spring Break! Happy Birthday, Jake! I might have to still your idea for the birthday present. It's Jake's 30th birthday in May.
Sabrina, I simply love watching all the fun you and your family and friends have, thanks for including me in your blog. I get to share in all the fun from a distance, watching the kids grow has been wonderful. We sure do miss all of you here at home. keep your blog going, you make it sooo much fun. love to all Dorothy
Post a Comment