Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Old Stuff, New Stuff

We went to the Medina River for Memorial Day on Monday. It's our favorite swim spot here so far. There are lot's of fun rope swings, bridge jumping, and rock jumping as well as some nice wading spots for the kids. We love it here.

Here Gage is with his buddy Johnny. Secretly, Jake and I are a little jealous because we think Johnny just comes to visit us to see Gage and not to hang out with us! Gage thinks Johnny is the best and has so much fun with him.


After he jumped in, he had water in his goggles. So he swam as hard as he could to me crying about water in there. I kept telling him to just take them off but he would say, "I will get water in my eyes!!!"

For some reason, he couldn't understand that there was water IN his goggles and if he took them off, the water would be gone. He wears his goggles all the time to keep the water OUT of his eyes so maybe he was confused that they were causing water to be IN his eyes? Or maybe he was just in denial that his goggles would fail him? I'm not quite sure. He's such a funny kid.

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Ah..I love this post!

Becca said...

Oh, how fun! That's a cute story about Gage. Where at Medina Lake do you go? I've never been there.