Madison is the blonde in the pink and she is in Gage's Pre-K class. Gage LOVES Madison. Totally in a friend way though... atleast we hope so for now. This pic was in front of the alligator lake called "75 Acre Lake". For some reason we were not allowed to swim here... go figure. No, unfortunately, the alligators were hiding from us the whole time!Maddy has an older sister named Samantha. However, one time she was complaining that she was thirsty. She said,"I'm thirsty!"
I said,"Nice to meet you Thirsty." And from then on, I've been calling her thirsty. She even started reminding me to call her that when I would forget. She was so funny.
Here's our little camp group. If we weren't swimming, we were staying in the shade. Thursday and Friday, it was 99 degrees!!






These two kids are sooooo darn cute! Secretly, I wouldn't mind if Gage married Madison someday. They were so funny together. They just laughed and laughed. It's funny because there is another boy in their class named Brett who wears cologne to school for Madison. For Christmas, he gave her some jewelry AND his mom has even said she would be happy to take them on a date! At 5-years-old! So, Julie (Maddy's mom) and I always joke about how Brett is going to be jealous when he finds out what good friends Gage and Maddy are. I love this age!

Molli definitely won the "dirtiest bug in a rug" award! She was covered in dirt, coal, food,... you name it.When Jake came up on Friday, he asked if I had been having fun with the kids, camping without him. I said, "I'm not having fun, but I'm not having a bad time either. I'm just going through the motions and surviving, while hoping they are having fun." Since Daxlee's been born, I haven't really breathed yet so I go through the motions alot lately. Especially since Jake hasn't been home alot. However, in hind sight, I look back on this trip and I would definitely do it again. I really did have fun, even when Jake wasn't there to help. It was nice to just be there and not feel like I should be cleaning or scheduling something. I'm finding it's important to just drop what I'm doing, finished or not, and play with the kids. It's sad that I have to remind myself to do that but I'm just treading water right now until I can get us back into a groove. This weekend was a great breather and break from life.
4 comments:
So cute and fun! I love the pics of Gage and his girlfriend. So stinkin cute!
These are the times those little old ladies tell you are "The best days of your life." They are great times if you can survive them. Perhaps we remember events rosier (or worse) than they really were. Love Gage's military haircut!
Love the pix! Glad you took some 'time out', sort of speak! We love you all,
Hugs, Sandy & Dorothy
Cute little mud monsters! Glad you enjoyed your trip - even though you didn't see any alligators. ;)
I have developed a great love of camping purely because I can go enjoy my family and not have anything else nagging at me to do it. It is kinda sad that we are "surviving" these little kid times. Where's our maids? :)
BTW, what happened to Gage's forehead and Mollie's eye? We figure it's not a really fun camping trip if someone doesn't end up hurt! (j/k - wait, no i'm not.)
TTFN!
Diana
Post a Comment