I went to a thrift shop and found these. Jake's was actually a tree skirt that we cut a hole in and tied a few bells to the bottom. It's a Christmas Poncho!! He did it Texas style with his cowboy boots and hat. It was really funny because at one party, we had to model our "sweaters". Jake walked down the runway, stopped in the middle, and spun in a circle. The "poncho" was a perfect disk around his neck, spinning like there was no tomorrow!!! And that's when I knew... he is DEFINITELY the one for me!
On the other hand, mine was beautiful and tacky all on it's own. It was hand quilted for someone with love. That someone must not have appreciated it's beauty because it landed in my hands at the thrift store. I have a feeling this dress was a hit in the 60's or 70's with pregnant mom's. The best thing about it? It's reversible! On the other side is a tree just like the wreath.
However, the competition was pretty steep. Everyone had such awesome, tacky sweaters! It really was fun. This was our first year attending a tacky sweater party and I hope to see more to come!
7 comments:
I'm so glad your tacky sweater parties were a success. You definitely got it goin' on.
That is so dang funny! You two crack me up...I'm still laughing at the thought of Jake spinning around on the runway. So awesome!!!
So funny! LOVE that you guys get so into the holidays! We were invited to one of these the same night as our ward party, so we couldn't go. You guys make me think we really missed out!
I think you two definitely deserved the trophy. I love your dress Sabrina--are you sure you didn't make that? j/k Your belly is so cute!
What a beautiful couple you are. Oh my goodness Gage and Molli are adorable. I have not had a chance to look at Blogs for every. Molli is such a little girl, oh her hair is adorable. I hope things are going well for you and the baby. I am sending a little package your way so keep a look out. I want to send something I am making too, but need to know the gender, which I am sure you will share as soon as the sweet little lamb arrives. Miss you.
Kiley
i'm telling you, since you all moved to texas your parties have been wild and crazy. i'm wondering what really went on when you were our neighbors. keep on havin fun and sharing with us.
I'm pretty sure I saw a man that looks just like Jake on the SA most wanted list...your new baby is so lucky to have such cool parents.
Post a Comment