Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hallo-World or Sea-ween

Halloween is almost like Christmas to me. I LOVE decorating for it, getting dressed up, eating all the candy, having fun parties, and being a little scared (not too much though). So, we decided to go to Sea World and see what fun Halloween activities they had. Our friends the Foster's joined us as well, being Halloween lovers themselves.Gage and Jake climbed to the top of this while Molli was carried up like a little princess by Johnny.
Becky and I saw this HOT Merman and just couldn't keep our eyes off! Believe me, if you saw his tight, scaly pants in person, you would love him too! We noticed that he and his little mermaid were wearing wedding rings - that ticked us off a little. I think he was intimidated by our beauty (especially my pregnant belly) and didn't want his wife worried we would steal him- there is a large space between us. So, we stuck Molli in there like it's her who really cares that she's in a picture with Mer-people.

We were watching the "Viva" acrobat show and Gage said, "Dad, take a picture of me!" We looked over and he was posed in his best "acrobat" stance. That boy has a future!
Here is Gage with Becky, Johnny, and Jake, all excited for this fun river ride.
Here is Gage after they went under a huge waterfall on the river ride. Apparently, he ended up right under it and wasn't too excited about it. This was the best smile I could get out of him after. He looked like he was in shock it was so funny.
The third row back, you will see (from left to right), Becky, Johnny, Jake, and Gage on the ride "Atlantis". This is the big and final drop. The Foster's taught me the neat trick of taking a picture of the picture on the screen that they try to get you to buy. Worked pretty good. It's the closest picture of them I could get. Plus, it's worth it to see Gage gripping that bar so hard. I think he was a little scared.
This is the "Family" version of the spook alley at Sea World. It's the same adult spook alley they just take away all the people and scary noises so the kids can enjoy it.
Honestly, this was the scariest thing to me. At the beginning of the spook alley, you walk through this black tunnel thing. It's all squishy and pushes up against your body. You can't see anything in there and you just have to push through it until you make it to the other side. It made me incredibly claustrophobic! I can't even go down water slides with dark tunnels let alone a tunnel that is pushing in on all sides! I was starting to panic.
This is the main scary guy at Sea World - Jack! He was awesome. His mask looked so real. He did a show with Shamu at night and it was seriously the best Shamu show I've seen in all 3 Sea World's in the U.S. It was dark and they had fog out on top of the water. The whales would jump and do flips coming out of this foggy creepy looking water and it was amazing! I loved it.
We couldn't leave Sea World with out some action from the skeleton's that were everywhere. This is Flo and Mo (that's what I call them anyway). I think they had so much fun at Sea World that they stayed there forever and turned into dried up bones. So, a worker came along and thought, "hey, here's some dried up bones, we should use them as a decoration during Halloween!" Let that be a lesson to us all: you need to set limits on the amount of Sea World fun you have, or YOU will turn into dried up bones! WHaaaahhhhaaaa ha ha ha!! (said with an evil grin)

3 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Love every last pic, but now I miss Mr. Merman.

Hayley said...

how fun! i love fall time & all the festivities that come with it.

Claudia and Ron said...

How fun! I just love to share your life through your blogs. What a gifted writer you are! I think you inherited it from Granny Hartley. Thanks for sharing!