Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It has been 3 YEARS this month, that I started this blog. I can't believe it's been that long. Jake and I went back and looked at some of our old posts and couldn't believe how much has changed. It made me really think about why I keep this blog and why it's so important to me to journal, scrapbook, blog, and etc. Looking back at all the memories is so ... meaningful! It makes me grateful for what I have because everything changes so quickly and these cute kids grow so darn fast. I just want to stop time and just stay in these moments.

With that said, I'm re-posting some posts from the history of our family.

Posted September 16, 2005




Well, Gage got his first haircut on Sunday. We were a little tired of everyone thinking he was a girl because he had curly hair. So, we chopped it. It was a little sad but you can bet we saved the curls for the good ol' scrapbook. He actually did really well. We didn't have to tie him down or anything. And Jake got a really good picture of him blowing a booger bubble.

Posted October 2, 2005


This is our budding pianist. He loves playing the piano and thinks he's the best. We think he needs a little work on his chords.

We went and visited Becky in the hospital when she had Claire. One of her friends made the headband for Claire. We're not sure if it's still going to fit her after being on Gage's large head. His Daddy is proud of this picture.

Posted November 3, 2005



"The wonderful thing about tiggers is... " Gage was one! He was the best Tigger he could be. He didn't appreciate not being able to grab his sippy cup though. Whenever we put him in his costume, he just thought he was the best thing ever. He especially liked his Tail.




All the neighbors looked forward to seeing him, especially Sandy and Dorothy (above). They had a gallon sized ziploc baggie full of treats for him, including a Eeyore pez dispensor. The couple above is Katie and Bob who own Eddy -- Caddy's best friend. They love Gage. However, trick or treating wouldn't have been complete without seeing Shirley. With her nursing background, she made sure Gage got some healthy pretzels and goldfish (which we appreciated greatly). After seeing the neighbors, the neighborhood got together in Sandy and Dorothy's driveway and drank cider, ate doughnuts, and sat by their enclosed fire. Good times were had by all!! Happy Halloween!



Back to now ...
I just can't believe how much has changed in 3 short years. It makes me really sad to think that Molli and Gage aren't going to be trick-or-treating at our Oakmont neighbors houses this year. Change is hard, that is for sure. But there are also a ton of things to look forward to. We have made a lot of good friends in San Antonio and feel incredibly blessed to be able to say that so soon after moving here. We miss being close to our friends in Cleveland but are glad to be by our friends here. It's been fun to experience such different living conditions and growth in our family. It will be interesting to see how things change just a year from now let alone 3 more years.

7 comments:

A'Lisha said...

holy cow!! it is so fun to see how much life has changed!! it is crazy to think that you are pregnant with your 3rd !!

Haley said...

Happy Anniversary! Our blog is coming up on ours too... That is the Gage I know and love! Can't wait to see you soon!! I'll email you details...

gregandlaura said...

AhHH - love the baby gage pictures - that is how I will always remember him!!! Just love it! So cute!
I love the "recent posts" feature on the side!! SO cool!

Hayley said...

cute little gagey-kins. i remember when you first posted those pics...i can't believe it's been 3 years! crazy!

Sherrie said...

So cute! I LOVE the piano picture. :) It is amazing to see how much he's grown and changed! :) Miss you!

PalsRWe said...

Love the Flashback Photos.. The snot bubble is the Fav...
Miss you.. I hope your feeling great.. Hope to get in touch with you soon

tj said...

Crazy how time flies. Your kids are adorable!