I read this book called, "Because They Hate" by Bridgitte Gabriel and really enjoyed it. Anyone who knows me, knows I would rather read a thousand children's books than read a real life story that is bound to make me depressed. I believe we should all learn from history but I don't find joy in the details especially when it's topics like the Holocaust or a child living an abused life. But I decided to give this book a try. Although the author is extreme in her opinions, it was a huge eye opener for me and has really helped me to know what to look for this election year.
Since reading it, I have really been trying to invest more time into these elections and figuring out who I will vote for. I do not claim to be Republican nor am I a Democrat. I like to vote for the person not the group. However, I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed tonight's Republican Convention. I thought the speakers (for the most part) were awesome.
Previously, I have been questioning McCain's choice for Vice-President, mostly because I had no idea who she was. I thought he was doing it just for more women votes and because he has been accused of being "the same old-same old" (I have to admit, I agree with that accusation, it seems like he isn't bringing anything new to the table).
I like Obama's way of sounding new and like there is "change in the air". However, anytime super stars, actors, and actresses start pushing people toward's a candidate, it makes me think twice. I definitely would not pick someone because they have a "stars" seal of approval - it has more of a tendency to push me the other way.
So, I definitely did not want to miss out on these conventions. From what I saw tonight, I am extremely pleased with Mccain's pick of VP's. I love that she actually has kids, living a regular American life, that will keep her grounded with reality. It annoys me so much, that the media (specifically NBC) made a point to interview Obama's VP and make him the most glorious person in the world yet, it seems like they are trying their hardest to dig up as much dirt on the Republican VP as they can and spread it across the nation. The media is incredibly biast and it drives me crazy!
I loved all the talk about drilling on our soil and keeping the power in the civilians hands, not the government's. I say "talk" because I know that from both parties, all they say is just "talk" because nothing is proven until they are in office. However, I really felt good about the maturity with which they handled the convention and how to help America get back on it's feet. It seems to me that Obama's campaign is pushing so hard for the younger vote that they have become teenager's themselves - and who wants teenager's running the country? However, I haven't had the chance to watch the Democratic Convention yet. It's recorded, I just need to sit down and do it.
My vote is not set yet though. I'm determined to hold off on an official decision until I have studied out both parties. I'm going to read two books this next month: One written by Obama about Obama ("The Audacity of Hope") and the other co-written by Mccain about Mccain ("Faith of my Father's"). I really want to make an educated vote, although I know neither party is perfect, for president. But the important thing is that I vote and that we all vote because sitting by and doing nothing get's you... nothing. I'm actually kind of enjoying figuring out who I'm voting for this year.
5 comments:
Finally the wonderful grad photos!!! I do hope you get the chance to watch the Democratic Convention in your effort to weigh-in on both sides on all the policy issues. Saying is one thing . . . doing is another, indeed. Love and Hugs to all . . . Oakmont Dr. is just NOT the same without you all in the "Atwood House", Sandy & Dorothy
Way to go girl! If I had all that time to read I might think about those too OR maybe I'll wait and you tell me about them. Hopefully in Texas. Plans are still up in the air because we feel bad asking Matt's folks to watch the kids when they are currently up in Boise still helping Annie and her fam. They should be home next week or the next and then we should know something by then. AND also I am so proud of you for sticking to your guns and not finding out what the baby is, way braver than I.
Awesome Sabrina! :) I think it's so important for each of us to do just what you're doing, research the issues, find out about what the candidates stand for and make an educated vote. :) Thanks for the example!
Also... you've been tagged.
We are in a fight! I can't believe you don't have us listed on your friends list! :) Just kidding!!!!
Post a Comment