Next, I got my teeth cleaned and....had 4 C A V I T I E S!!! I was and am S T I L L mad about that. I have had one stinking cavity my entire life, and all the sudden, I have 4?!? What's up with that? Seriously?!? I blame it on having kids. I'm still fuming about it.Oh, and the one cavity I've had all my life decided to up and break my tooth so I had to get a crown! What is going on? I S W E A R I brush my teeth. So, I went in on Friday to get a temporary made. It was the weirdest thing! I was getting impressions made and all of a sudden... my dentist K I S S E D me!!!! I couldn't believe it!! The N E R V E!!! Well, secretly I kind of liked it...

After the dentist, we went to the annual Psi Omega Bowling Night. We love this night. It's an opportunity to sharpen our bowling skills and see if all those hours practicing bowling on the Wii did us any good. And... of course it hasn't helped. We didn't "bring it".
This is Gage talking to his little friends Zoey and Brooks. That kid had more pop and candy than... well I don't know, but he had ALOT! Maybe he'll be the next one with 4 cavities! (I'm letting it go, I swear)
Saturday, the Elder's Quorum held a Pinewood Derby Competition. Which all of us wives interpreted it as, "Hey, boys wanna come and like uh play with little cars with us? It'll be so fun, we'll have food, and fun and ... we get to play with toys!" They were definitely "big boys with their toys". It was so fun! Jake carved his car into a tooth and J.J. did a flamin' volleyball (I think all our interfaith v-ball playing is going to his head). Gage especially loved helping dad and racing with him. Molli and I just hung out, chatted with the wives, and ate some food.
Then, the most momentous occasion of the weekend... {Molli's F I R S T birthday}!!! She had fun opening presents, with a little help from her bro of course, and playing with her toys.
Last minute, I decided I would make her a butterfly birthday cake instead of just a round one. Obviously cake decorating isn't my best area of expertise but it was fun trying to come up with ways to decorate it. It was Sunday so I couldn't just go to the store. For instance, the pink lines are made of melted Laffy Taffy! She actually LOVED eating those, and so did Gage.
And she obviously loved her cake too. I can't believe she is {1}! That little stinker is just growing too fast. Things she does now: WALKS, says, "mamma, dadda, whttha (what's that?)", DANCES, folds her arms, WAVES, claps, TEASES, yells, THROWS THE BEST FITS, and cuddles. She has been so fun and I couldn't imagine not having her. Here's to you little Molli girl!!!
Well, last but not least, this morning, we all went to IHOP with Daddy for some breakfast before taking him to the airport. I had to take two pictures because Molli is always making these funny faces and I always seem to click it right when she has one.Jake has been fighting back tears all week just thinking of leaving his two little buddies. We'll miss each other of course but it's different with the kids. Jake is the B E S T Dad. He has so much fun playing with the kids and we do a T O N together as a family. The kids love their Dad. They grow so much in 5 weeks. So, alot of the posts from here until April 4th are going to be more informative of our daily lives so Jake doesn't miss out.

Jake: We're so excited to see what this COT stuff is about and we know you'll have so much fun there. We love and miss you Daddy-O!
9 comments:
Haha--I'm glad you have a cheeky dentist. (When I was a kid, I imagined the dentist was holding my hand--you know, to offer moral support while he pulled my teeth out--but it turns out it was me holding my own hand, and that the laughing gas muddled my mind.) Jonathan enjoyed the pics of the pinewood derby cars, because he couldn't make it to show off his "Viking ship" and see the other cars. Also, the butterfly cake is delightful!
You've got some darling pictures in there! Happy Birthdays to Jake and Molli.
How cute are your kids! If you get bored and are in the area let me know! That is a long time to be without a husband.
I didn't know Jake was leaving for so long. I love your pictures, they all tell the story so well.
Oh, you just made me want to cry b/c your post brought back memories from when shane was at COT. You will have to let me know how he is handling all of it! :) I was going to invite you over this week, but i am being lazy... you know, i have to make my house clean for people and i don' t feel like cleaning. I will have to invite you over next week! :) Cute cake by the way. I am like you, only one cavity. I understand the frustration at having 4 cavities!
Fun week, well, besides the part that Jake left. Matt misses that bowling Psi-O night... but I guess he now goes at least once a week. And--ONLY 4 cavities? I had 6 after Cru, count your blessings!
Loved the update. Happy Birthday Molli. I can't believe our babies are one. I love Mollis faces the happy then seconds later the sad. So familiar. Your temting me to cut bangs I love them. MIss you girl.
I hope you survive 5 weeks without your hubby. Your pictures are so cute and I LOVE your hair. You are a beautiful girl and I'm glad get to stay updated with your blog. Good luck and I will let you know where we end up in the next couple of months.
Really hard to believe Molli is one! Wow! Good job on the cake! One of your many talents! Our ward did a ward pinewood derby activity. It is pretty fun to see the "boy" come out in the men. :) Don't you love having a hot dentist, though, it makes it a lot less scary for me. :) I had 1 cavity until Gunner was allergic to milk, and I drank pop for a year straight while nursing him...then I had 3!
Post a Comment