STOP!!!! Don't watch the video until you read the story first! Very funny.
The story:
We went to San Francisco to visit Jake's brother Tyler and his family (Hayley and little miss Avy). While we were there, we were told we had to drive down Lombard street at least once in our lives. So, it being a holiday, there were MANY, many tourists there as well, waiting to drive down Lombard. This is what we all were waiting in line for a MILE to see:
http://www.visitingdc.com/images/lombard-street-picture.jpg
Which, it's actually pretty cool. However, the wait to drive down it was taking FOREVER! You have to drive up this steep hill with a couple of 4-way stops in which people are coming from ALL directions to get in line. We were moving at snails pace. So, Tyler, being the wonderful and thoughtful person he is, took it upon himself to do something about it. Next thing we know, Tyler is hiking all the way to the top to...ya you guessed it...DIRECT TRAFFIC! At this point, we're all sitting in our cars and can't see Tyler because he's way at the top. A few minutes later, what do you know? We start moving! We're going at a hare's pace now. Jake and I said to each other, "that must be Tyler directing traffic and getting it to move along." Well, I got tired of being in the car and wanted to take pictures of Tyler in action. So I climbed up the hill (BTW, when I say "hill" it's more of a big steep hill that one small trip could send you rolling down to the bottom taking people out on the way with now way to stop), to the first stop sign and there was Tyler, running down. He WAS directing traffic. He said there was a trolley lady up there directing traffic just so the trolleys weren't getting held up, so she wasn't taking into consideration all these other cars trying to get up. Tyler walked right up to her (which I'm sure she had been yelled at many times before Tyler reached her ) and just told her how we're not moving. To make it short, she said, "fine, you try to direct it!" And went and sat down. Boy, if only she knew who Tyler Atwood was! So, Ty did. And traffic progressed and everyone was happy on Lombard. Well, little miss Trolley director didn't like seeing that Tyler was doing better than her and told him he can't do that because he isn't wearing the proper attire (which consisted of a yellow flashy vest). Tyler said, "Here, I'll wear yours." She said, "but that's not your job you need to leave." I'm paraphrasing a little here. So, that's when I met Tyler at the lower 4-way. I told him how great he was doing and that gave him the go to again. So, up up up went Tyler once again to CONTROL LOMBARD AND IT'S INHABITANTS!
I of course ran quickly to the car and got my video camera....... Oh, and people were just watching saying "why doesn't she just let him do it?" "He's actually getting people to move and go, why doesn't she just sit down." I think that's the only reason he isn't in jail right now, she was afraid of an uprising....
I think Tyler has a job in traffic directing if being an accountant doesn't work out.
9 years ago
9 comments:
oh my gosh that is hilarious. I really enjoyed watching that! thanks! :)
That is so stinkin funny. I wish I was there. oh wait I was.
I love San Fran. Good for Tyler taking things into his own hands! That is so funny.
By the way, other templates should work on a Mac. It might have something to do with you setting on it. Sarah B. has a Mac, and uses a template I made for her. Let me know if you need some help. I can make you a template, but not sure I know how to change settings on your Mac. And yes, we are now official residence of Erie, PA!
Michelle
Very funny video. I don't even know the dude and I was laughing pretty hard. Good to see you guys are doing well. Jake, talked to Len the other day. Have fun in the DR without me. Take care.
Nick Peterson
I love that she threatened to call the police. That's funny!
You all had to be rolling, I was just watching and listening. Thanks for the laughs
I'm sure we'll be seeing this on Leno!
So, i bought myself a Nikon camera... i was taking pics and while doing it my hand accidentally covered the flash and the picture turned out so much better...it wasn't too bright and wasn't dim. Then i thought of something you mentioned about putting a piece of white paper in front of the flash, so i did it and i love the way the lighting is in the images. thanks! any other suggestions about lighting?
That is the funniest story ever. I can't believe Tyler just got out there and took control!
Post a Comment