Monday, January 07, 2008

Congratulations Jake!

I just want to give a big 'ol "CONGRATULATIONS BABE!" to Jake for passing his written boards! WAhoooo for you big daddy!!!! Seriously, it is so weird that he has one final big test - clinical boards- then we are done. Well, except for the fact that the boards are in April and we have to hang out until May 18Th for graduation! Isn't that silly? Why don't they just do it earlier? Whatever, I'm over it.

But it really is crazy that he will officially be Dr. Atwood in May! Of course, we have 3 more years of Residency before we're out on our own (which, I am extremely grateful for). Plus, I know these last few months are just going to fly because we have so much going on:

-Jake will do his last trip to the Dominican Republic in 2 weeks in which I get to meet him down there for the last few days to hang out at the resort (very excited- thank you ahead of time to Jodi and Peggy for watching the kids).

-Then, Jake will be at commissioned officers training from March 4th to April 4th in Alabama.

-In the meantime, I'll be trying to find us a house and taking care of all my Stake YW's stuff. That's one thing I'm just so sad to not be a part of. I have enjoyed my calling for 2 years and am so, so sad to be released when we move. I LOVE the ladies I work with and we really have a fun time together. Plus, the youth...wow... they are just amazing! I know I did not have as strong of a testimony at their age as they do. Love them.

Oh man, so much to do and yet so little time left before we have to leave.

I'll end on a happy note by telling a little story about Gage:

The other day, he was eating lunch with always consists of Dino buddies (dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets from "the costco") and alot of ketchup. Lately, he's been asking for mustard too. So, this time, Jake asked him if he wanted mustard and he said, "no". So, we started eating and a few minutes later, Gage said, "But Dad! I would like some mustard."

Jake said, "I just asked you and you said you didn't want mustard."

Gage simply replied with, "Well, I changed my attitude so now I want some mustard!"

We couldn't help but laugh. You can tell that we use the phrase "change your attitude" a little too much!

6 comments:

Spencer & Suzy said...

Congratulations to Jake. That must be a relief to have it done. We liked your story about Gage. What a cute kid!

Ashlee and Shane said...

What an exciting time for you guys! I don't feel too far away from where you guys are considering the way time has been flying!!!! Gage is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Sabrina, now that you made this easy for me you'll be hearing a lot from me. Lucky you. Jake congrats on the boards. The reason you test in April and grad. in May is so you stay here longer. We love you guys.

GoatesGirl said...

COngrats to Jake! Hang in there Sabrina, this time of life gets crazy busy but is also exciting!

Annie said...

Where is your residency going to be? Jon is graduating in May also, but we are still interviewing EVERYWHERE so who knows where we will end up. I know the feeling of trying to wrap up this chapter in the next few months! Crazy.

Jake said...

We're going to San Antonio, TX. Exciting!