Friday, September 21, 2007

Where in the World are the Atwood's Going?

Our application for next year is in. Here is how we ranked everything:
1. Prosthodontics Residency in San Antonio, TX- We hear that out of 6 positions, there have only been 3 applicants so we feel this is promising. Of course, we heard that a couple of weeks ago so things could change. This would add 3 years to our payback so we would be active duty with the AF for 6 years.
2. AEGD program which is just a one year residency in multiple specialties, we chose 1. Colorado and 2. Alaska (those are the only two I remember). This just adds one year to our payback so it would be 4 years active duty.
3.HPSP preferences, this is just the general 3 years that we owe for dental school. This is what we chose: 1. Ramstein, Germany 2. Maine and 3. Colorado.

(above is a picture from the Ramstein Website)

In all reality, we pretty much think we're going to San Antonio, TX. If we don't go there then we're not sure if we'll do the AEGD or just do our HPSP payback. We hear that they try to give you one of your top 3 so we'll see what happens. We should find out November/December.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I amso excited to see where you guys end up! How fun for you guys! Are you nervous?

alliehoopes said...

Good luck with it! Derek's little sister lives in San Antonio. Scroll through and see some of what they do down there.

The Atwood's said...

I'm actually pretty excited. I didn't want to go to San Antonio at first because I'm not a Texas fan. But, I'm excited to go to the next stage of life and experience something new. I will miss Cleveland soooo sooo much though.

Sydney said...

I bet you find out earlier than November/December. I think we found out in October. I came home from work one day and it was on our answering machine. I was waiting for a letter in the mail but they just called and said "congrats, this is where you're going"- Can't wait to hear!

gregandlaura said...

I cannot believe how cute those pics are! I seriously wish you could take Bradens!

510Jen said...

Oh Sabrina how exciting I hate these kinds of decisions but wherever you go you will love. Good luck keep us posted.

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

You guys are a few steps ahead of us! HOW EXCITING!!! We can't wait to hear!