Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I received a forward called "Why God Made Mom's".  I saw this forward years ago but as I read it this time, now that I have kids, I thought, "How would my kids reply to these questions?"

So, today, I sat down and asked them.  Waste of time?  I think not!  It was a good time to hear what my kids really think about me...even if I was a little scared considering I have been pregnant for the last 8 months and at my worst, to say the least!  However, I found their answers quite entertaining and found myself laughing instead of crying.  Always a bonus. :)


Why God Made Mom's... Atwood Style
 
Daxlee 3-years-old
1)    Why did God make mother’s?
            A. Because they keep them.
2)    How did He make them?
            A. Because they um… (after noticing a picture on the wall) hey! That’s Molli and Daxlee! ... Santa right?  Remember santa?
3)    What ingredients are they made of?
            A. Um out of blood…I mean out of purse.
4)    Why did you get your mom instead of a different one?
            A. I don’t know.
5)    What kind of little girl was your mom?
            A. Pretty.  Because their made out of  glass bowls…bottles.
6)    What did your mom need to know about your dad before she married him?
            A. He went to church and married her.
7)    Why did your mom marry your dad?
            A.  She didn’t marry dad…Daddy married her!  Because they were married.
8)    Who is the boss at your house?
            A. Daddy
9)    What is the difference between mom’s and dads?
            A. I don’t know.  Because they made our pappa.
10) What does your mom do in her spare time?
            A. She drives away. 
11) What would it take to make your mom perfect?
            A. To have a baby in her tummy.
12) If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
            A. I don’t know… oh yeah, I know!  About I would turn into a pet dragon.

Molli 5-years-old
  1. Why did God make mother’s?
            A. So kids can get taken care of.
  1. How did He make them?
            A. He had special powers.
  1. What ingredients are they made of?
            A. Maybe … I don’t know… All I’m thinking of is food ingredients… chocolate chips! Ha ha  ha.
  1. Why did you get your mom instead of a different one?
            A. Because we don’t get to choose but I was just the one that got in her belly.  You don’t get to choose a mom, you just get to get one.
  1. What kind of little girl was your mom?
            A. I don’t know…I haven’t seen her when she was a little girl.  I think she had blond hair like me, and the color of my hair, and hazel eyes.
  1. What did your mom need to know about your dad before she married him?
            A. Cause, if your mom says, you have to marry a dad that goes on a mission.  You pick a guy … you ask him if he is going on a mission.  Or when you grow up, you can pick a dad that didn’t get married and ask if he has gone on a mission.
  1. Why did your mom marry your dad?
            A. Because it’s important.  If you don’t have a dad, and you only have a mom and a mom is going on a trip and there is no dad, then we have to be by ourselves.  If the mom is gone for a long time, then we would get all sad.
  1. Who is the boss at your house?
            A. Mom and Dad
  1. What is the difference between mom’s and dads?
            A. They have different bodies and heads.  Daddy has a bald head with only little tiny hairs in his head and mom has long hair.  But their eyes match because they both have hazel.
  1. What does your mom do in her spare time?
            A. Ask the question again.  Mostly she goes to sleep and takes a nap and… she reads some of her book…and I don’t know anything else.
  1. What would it take to make your mom perfect?
            A. I don’t know how many days it would take…maybe 4 or 5?  Ask what clothes she’s wearing!  I’m just kidding. Ha ha.
  1. If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
            A. Her hair and dye it to blue, or red, or pink, or purple.  Wait what did you say?  Oh ya, I would change her hair and her eyes.  Wait, how do you change her eyes?  Oh yeah, I would change her clothes.


Gage 7-years-old
  1. Why did God make mother’s?
            A. I’m just trying to think of a good one but I can’t think of anything so far.  Well, to help us.
  1. How did He make them?
            A. Out of dust.
  1. What ingredients are they made of?
            A. Love and kindness.
  1. Why did you get your mom instead of a different one?
            A. Cause I thought my mom was going to be a really nice one.
  1. What kind of little girl was your mom?
            A. A helpful little girl.
  1. What did your mom need to know about your dad before she married him?
            A. That he stinks. (chuckle)  You definitely needed to know that.
  1. Why did your mom marry your dad?
            A. Cause she liked him. 
  1. Who is the boss at your house?
            A. Dad
  1. What is the difference between mom’s and dads?
            A. Moms have babies, dad’s don’t.  And Dad’s are bald.
  1. What does your mom do in her spare time?
            A. Read or write in her journal.
  1. What would it take to make your mom perfect?
            A. Be a little bit late for picking me up…that way I could eat atleast one chocolate chip.
  1. If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
            A. Nothing.

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Ha Ha Ha! This is so hilarious. What a good idea. And congrats on your second post of the month. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Diana said...

So cute! Love your little beans!! :)