Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spoils from the "old" country

We didn't bring home a British flag. We didn't bring home a "Big Ben" clock key chain. We definitely didn't bring home a London t-shirt (have you ever shopped England prices? Holy cow expensive!) Nope. Our souvenirs were nothing of the sort. Instead, we only brought home the necessities. Cream and sugar. I LOVE creamy things and since England is the land of custard and cream, I loaded up! In the process of shopping for these creamy heavenly goodness- es (yes, I'm sure that's a word...it's MY blog...I can call it what I want), I also found family owned and made jam's. Well, atleast I know that at some point we had ancestor's come from England and since my maiden name is "Hartley", my "family" must have had something to do with producing these jam's. Makes perfect sense.

Below is just a sample of the abundances I bought and brought home. I failed to take a picture of the J2O juices and the "Bottle Green" drinks that I bought as well but they are well worth the mention.

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

mmmmmm. So how is the jam anyhow?

p.s. Did Gage leave a wheel of fortune DS game? If so, let me know asap, and I'll send it your way.

Claudia and Ron said...

I hope clotted cream sounds better than the name - I'd be willing to try it anyway!