Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

I LOVE halloween... I think... or ... atleast I used to.... It just hasn't been the same this year. With the big move, not getting our household goods until a week before, and me getting pregnant,...where's the time to celebrate?

Well, we did find a little time. We went to the ward trunk-or-treat last Friday (which Jake and I dressed up as hillbillies but I didn't take a picture...what's HAPPENING to me?!?). Jake and I were called to be in charge of it so I guess that's another excuse for being a little slacker-ish in other Halloween departments.

The girls had a little pre-school halloween party and is was the only one that I actually put all their makeup on and everything. Molli is a "snow princess" and Daxlee just wanted to wear a pretty dress like Molli.



They also had trick-or-treating on base tonight (No, Germany doesn't celebrate Halloween although, I know that because of all the Americans around here, there are a few that have picked up on the celebration) and I did bring my camera with me this time! However, I think it's been so long since I've used my SLR that I forgot how to focus. Ah well, cute kids anyway.
This was actually Gage's second costume. He has a great Storm Trooper costume but because it had a mask, he didn't want to wear it to school and chose to be Aniken (sp?) instead. Did I get a picture of the other costume? No I did not. I have failed as a mother.
OF COURSE the dogs were in costume too! I had bought these on clearance after Halloween last year and just thought they were so funny. EVERYONE commented on them and we even had a couple of people stop us so they could get a picture. Later into the evening, Gage said, "I kind of wish the dogs didn't wear those costumes." When we asked why, his reply was, "because they are taking all our attention!"
Gage drew this picture. I have NO idea where the ideas came from but they came nonetheless! Creative critter. I don't even talk about Twilight or anything! REallY, where does this come from? He never ceases to amaze me. As my brother Jason said, "Words to live by."
In other news...
I have been so incredibly nauseous with this pregnancy! Our kitchen has been the biggest culprit in adding to my nausea with all the different smells it so caringly holds on to. So, I took matters into my own hands this morning and used Gage's scarf to cover my nose (I have since upgraded to a red handkerchief). I was able to wash dirty pans that were reaking of food, without getting sick AND, I had the most productive morning with getting boxes unloaded and put away. It was great. Short lived, but great.
Did I mention we didn't carve a single pumpkin?????

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! Congratulations! Is this the announcement or did I miss it somewhere else? How many wks and when are you due?

Becky Foster said...

Well, I'm a little upset about your lack of picture taking, but then I remember when we had our Halloween party when I was prego, and it wasn't the funnest experience. So I guess you're forgiven. The dogs are hilarious, and I love Gage's comment. Can't wait to see you guys! PLEASE don't clean, or do anything out of the ordinary upon our arrival, or else you're in DEEP trouble.

Claudia and Ron said...

This is hilarious and strangely sad. This too will pass (the nausea, etc.) But your love for your family and the fun times will last forever! We love you!

Ashleigh said...

The blue scarf is very attractive. In fact, I think everyone should wear one of them while doing the dishes. It looks good and it blocks nasty smells; win win situation. Congrats on the pregnancy! You are a busy woman. If you didn't live so far away I might be tempted to visit :). Someday we will have a roommate reunion dangit!