Frank is a chef and owns a French Restaurant an hour away. He is most entertaining! We love Frank. He can make us feel like stupid Americans and his favorite tenants at the same time! We love him. No really, he is a crack up! In fact, he invited us to his restaurant this Friday for the last summer live music night. We are excited to see how it goes. I will blog that when it happens.
For now, here is our palace.
They are in the process of cleaning it up after their dad lived in it. Frank is a neat freak so he is renovating the yard a bit. I will have to update pictures of the yard when he is done removing old bushes and planting flowers. Anywhere you see dirt is where Frank pulled up a bush he didn't like.... including berry bushes! I already let him know I'm not happy he got rid of the raspberry bushes.
But it didn't stop there! Frank had the audacity to say that he is planning on cutting down the pear tree, peach tree, cherry tree, apple tree, AND mirabella tree!
That's when I showed Frank who was boss. I said, "Frank, who will be renting this house?"
"Americans most likely."
I replied, "Precisely. I am an American. I will bet you that any American would LOVE to have fruit trees. DO NOT remove the fruit trees Frank."
I kind of had to get after him (I think he might even like me more for being so pushy! Atleast, just let me continue to think that). So, we agreed that he can cut down one apple tree and the peach tree because they were looking sad. But that's it.
Without further ado, here is mi casa.... I mean... vee house on Schulestrasse! (just so you know, that last word really is a German one. It's our new street name.:)
The front. That big bush is gone so we have a clear view of the little valley below.
That's when I showed Frank who was boss. I said, "Frank, who will be renting this house?"
"Americans most likely."
I replied, "Precisely. I am an American. I will bet you that any American would LOVE to have fruit trees. DO NOT remove the fruit trees Frank."
I kind of had to get after him (I think he might even like me more for being so pushy! Atleast, just let me continue to think that). So, we agreed that he can cut down one apple tree and the peach tree because they were looking sad. But that's it.
Without further ado, here is mi casa.... I mean... vee house on Schulestrasse! (just so you know, that last word really is a German one. It's our new street name.:)
The front. That big bush is gone so we have a clear view of the little valley below.
Our cute little garage. Don't be jealous. Someday you too can have happiness such as this...maybe when you grow up to be big like us.
7 comments:
I love your new home! What an incredible backyard + all the fruit trees. You even have plenty of space for us to come visit(: I am so happy for you guys.
How fun, I love it! I really like the colorful toliet and all the yummy fruit trees. Elanora is dying to meet my crazy college roommate (don't worry I only told her our good stories :))so I guess we need to visit. Chris has cousins in Germany (don't ask what part because I have no idea :))and his dad served a mission there, so I'm pretty sure it is fate and we will be on the next flight out. Love you guys!!!
Sabrina! I LOVE it! It looks so fun and beautiful1 I too love the green tile, and fruit trees. I am so excited for you...almost enough to want to move there. :)
What an adventure for you little family! It looks like a great house. Good luck with moving in and getting settled! I'm sure you'll do great.
Home Sweet Home! I'm sure the garage was the clincher. It's actually very cute. I can't wait to see it!
Holy cow, you guys totally lucked out. This is days bigger than our place. I love your kitchen, and you know that I love the green tile. And a sauna, what the? You guys are gonna love it there.
Sweet place! Sooo much better than the pics you had posted before. Sometime you might even have furniture to fill it. :)
I'm glad you talked to the guy about not cutting down the fruit trees. What a tragedy that would have been!!
Oh, and I get dibs on the playhouse.
Luv ya!
Post a Comment