Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Last Post on American Land...

...for three years that is. Why is it such a big deal that we will be out of the country? It's only 3 years. And yet, Jake and I are already homesick. How could we possibly be homesick? Especially when we haven't even had a home for 2 months now? Well, after chatting about it a bit last night, I decided that we are homesick for our comfort zones. {Somewhere in New Mexico}
Our comfort zone of being with our awesome families who have hosted us for the last month and loved us our entire lives (maybe not always LIKED us but you HAD to love us because we are family :).
{From the Bateman's backyard in Starvalley, WY}
Our comfort zone of being around our awesome friends, especially the ones who had to put up with our crazy life these last 6 months (you know who you are).
{Starvalley}

And last but not least, our comfort zone of knowing where the heck we are and how to speak the language! Yes, it's true we are still in America but just knowing that in less than 24 hours, we will be in a different country with different rules, regulations, languages, and etc. and aren't just vacationing there, is a little intimidating. Yes, yes I know, it will be great, fabulous, wonderful and such a great experience. But we are allowed to have our fears are we not?

Rest assured however that we know this is where we need to be going. I wasn't blessed with an adventurous spirit and a husband that's willing to go along with it for nothing. Even though I cried when leaving my parents standing there waving as we drove away (yes, I admit it!) And then teared up again as we drove away from the cabin and watched Jake and Jodi hug their goodbye. AND THEN, cried as we said our goodbyes to Mom and Dad Atwood. How could I help myself when they were all so sad?? I'm pretty good at hiding but you all know I'm going to miss you. WE will miss you all.

So, here's to all our comfort zones.


I can't wait for Germany to become one of them.


We love you all.

{4th of July rodeo in Starvalley}

{At the Rainforest Cafe in Dallas, TX}



2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

This makes me want to tear up a bit. It really is such a mix of emotions, and jet lag even makes it worse. It slowly starts feeling more normal sooner than you think. I can already drive ok on the left side of the road, and I thought I'd never accomplish that. Not go get some sleep. You look super cute in that last pic.

Claudia and Ron said...

Hah! You cried too! Dad and I cried for an hour. I had a headache from it. Rotten kids! Here we are loving having you around and then you just leave!