Thursday, June 17, 2010

...the next day

The very next day, after our trip to Austin, I went to ... Austin!!! My friends were doing a triathlon and because I didn't want to pay the money to do it myself (and not having trained for it) but still wanted to partake in the fun, I decided to go with them. I had done a tri last year with noone there to watch me and NO pictures! So, let's just count these as my triathlon pictures.

We went up on Sunday and stayed in a hotel. Their race was Monday (Memorial Day). We had a TON of fun. We went downtown the first night, and ate dinner. Then, we tried to find somewhere to eat dessert and ended up at this dump of a mexican restaurant that tasted nasty! But we took alot of really great pictures along the way that I will share when I get copies.

This is Shantelle, Stacey, Emily, Me, Becky, and Angela (a few were missing from this picture). I met all of these ladies at church and through the military.
Becky and I made this really sweet shirt for me to wear as the head cheerleader. I brought sharpies (unfortunately I only had black and blue so my ensamble wasn't really matching) and we came up with the saying and everything then had as many as we could, sign the back.
In case it's hard to see, the front said, "Unfold, Sit, Watch... I love Triathlons. Austin, TX 2010". Down at the bottom I drew a Nike swoosh and wrote, "Just Didn't." And I finished it off with a picture of my camping chair. We were SO proud of this shirt! It was really fun to make and I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing it in stores... :)

The very next day, after our trip to Austin, I went to ... Austin!!! My friends were doing a triathlon and because I didn't want to pay the money to do it myself (and not having trained for it) but still wanted to partake in the fun, I decided to go with them. We went up on Sunday and their race was Monday.

No comments: