Okay, so here is our Molli on a regular day:
Just movin' and groovin' all day. Play a little here, hit a little there, poke Daxlee in the eye here, pick on Gage there... really, she has a lot to accomplish in 1 day.Well, Valentine's weekend, my parents and niece flew out to visit. Since we had guests, Molli was sleeping on our floor in our bedroom. Oh wait, we all know Molli usually isn't sleeping. Especially when she knows we're down stairs having fun.
So, there we are playing cards. We can hear Molli moving around upstairs - which is normal and we know that she'll eventually fall asleep, even if it's on the floor of another room. After a little while, we send my niece, Dakota, up to tell her to go to bed (I love that we're so lazy we send my niece up instead of going ourselves - what can we say, she's a GREAT niece and our kids LOVE her). Dakota comes down after putting her in bed again and we continue to play cards. Not too long after, I turn and look in our front room (we're in the dining room and it's the only light on downstairs). In the shadows by the couch, I see this little figure just standing there in her cute silky Christmas p.j.'s, with a straight face. But this isn't any straight face. This is the face when she's thinking, "Uhhhh, I just did something that I was SURE I would get away with and. . . well. . . it turns out... I can't fix it... and I kind of need your help... because I think I did something bad... and it doesn't feel too good. But I really don't want to get in trouble so I'm just going to stand here looking helpless and pray that you will have mercy on me." Yeah, that's the face I see.
So, I say, "Molli, what are you doing out of bed?"
No answer.
"Come here Molli."
She very slowly, and delicately walks towards us and I swear her eyes never moved from my face and never blinked (you'll see why they never blinked, later).
As she comes in to the light a little, her face starts to shine. No, no, not because she's an angel. It's shining for another reason, a more worldly reason. I walk over to her, and this is what I see:
"Vaseline" you say? Ya, I thought so too. However, on further inspection... well actually, it was upon further "smelling", I realized that she had an entire bottle of "Vick's Vaporub - Baby" on her face and pajamas! It was amazing! I didn't know whether to laugh or take her to the ER because I'm sure every pore on her body was WIDE open with that much stimulation. If she had even a thought of a cold coming on, it was gone now! The amazing thing is that her eyes were literally wide open the entire time and didn't get a drop in them. And her face in the picture... just proves what she must have been thinking, "Please, please have mercy on me and HELP!!!"I took another picture of her before she got in the tub just to show how big the globs of Vaporub are on her eyelids and cheeks! We were laughing so hard and her face never changed! She never cracked a smile or frown. It was hilarious!!! Oh, ... and we're glad she's okay....

This girl just can't stay out of trouble. Take a look at the first picture again and you'll see that above her right eye, there is a dark shadow that looks like eyeshadow. It's totally a bruise that we have no idea how she got it. She gave herself a black eye. She is such a funny girl.
7 comments:
HMMM I wonder where she gets that from?.. she is too cute!!
Okay, I'm laughing so hard right now!! You should be a writer, the way you described this treasured event. I'm totally putting these pictures into my iphoto library, so hope you're okay with that. Great post!!
that's hilarious! i wish avy could play with molli more...wait, maybe i don't :)
K Sabrina, that story is so funny. I was laughing so hard. What a cute little girl. She has grown up so much and Daxlee is beauiful. What adorable kids!
Wow! I am sure she was "Breathing easy"! So lucky it didn't get in her eyes! My Talan is into everything too, they must be the same age!:)
Okay, I am laughing my butt off right now,(well I wish my butt was coming off.) These pictures are hilarious!!! It kind of reminds me of the look a puppy will give when they come to you with their tail between their legs. She knows she's in trouble :-) It is even funnier that she never laughed with you. I love that little girl!!! (Though it is hard for me to believe she isn't a baby anymore.) I also love her little flip hair do in the next post.
So stinkin' funny! I'm still giggling at Molli's face. Glad she's okay, too.
Did you ever get it out of the carpet?
Diana
Post a Comment