Thanksgiving started off great! We had breakfast, I cooked and had everything done in time to go to our friends house for the big T-day dinner (it was at 2pm so is that really still called "dinner"?) The food was awesome and we were all stuffed in no time. We had our pie and went back home to regroup from the bounteous intake we had.
This is when it starts to get a little crazy...
I took a short snoozer to prepare for... dun, dun, dun... the "Twilight Shop!" Yup, the Outlets, 50 minutes away from us, opened at 12am and I wanted to join 8 other friends to go grab some good deals. So, I left here around 9:30, met up with my friends, and made it to the outlets around 10:30pm. Surprise, surprise! Some stores were already open. Shopping began and 8 HOURS later, I was home again. Yeah, that's right, that means I left my house at 9:30 pm on T-day and returned at 7:00am Friday morning... oh and did I mention I'm 33 weeks pregnant? A little soreness, some swelling, and ... pure fatigue occured fo' sho'! I am happy to say I brought home some pretty good loot for the kids but probably not enough to warrant an 8 hour shop-a-thon in the middle of the night/morning. However, it was really fun to hang out with the girls.

Upon arriving home, I greeted my family (who all just barely woke up), and headed to bed. 7 hours later... HA!!! Who am I kidding? I woke up 2 HOURS later thinking, "Jake wanted to do some shopping at Lowe's and I'm pretty sure Toys R' Us has some great deals that end at 1:00pm. I better get up and get us going." And sure enough, up and at 'em. I was a little delirious but knew I had to sacrifice for a little more shopping. We hit mad-house-Toys R' Us, bought the kids Christmas, hit Lowe's, and went back home (2pm-ish). Jake went to school to do some research while I successfully took a 2 hour nap.
{Keep up with me here... so far, that's 4 hours of sleep since I woke up on T-day. Approximately 4 hours in 24 hours so far... back to the story...}
We hang out a little Friday night and I make it to bed at 10pm. Finally, a good night's rest...ahhhh... (kind of makes you want to go to sleep right now huh?)..
WRONG-O!!! Jake wakes me up at 12:30 am saying, "I need to go to the hospital" as he is bent over in pain at the side of my bed. I was a little shocked. Jake has NEVER been to the doctor in the 6 years we've been married let alone the ER! Crazy. So, I partially wake myself up enough to call our friends and have them come sleep at our house (thank you, thank you, thank you, Becky and Johnny!)
Little insert here: I have to say how grateful I am for friends like them especially at times like this! Everyone needs friends like the Foster's! (insert ended, back to story)
We leave the house before the Foster's get there because Jake is in so much pain. It's his side so we're thinking it's a kidney stone but since he's had symptoms the last 2 weeks, we're wondering if there might be some sort of infection going on. I drive to the base while Jake grips a grocery sack, ready to yak at any moment, and we enter the ER. Surprisingly, they get us right in (note to self: to be seen quicker, double over, grip stomach, and look as white as the Cullen family from "Twilight"). Long story short, Jake has a CAT scan that shows he has two kidney stones. One already on it's way out and the other just chillin' in his kidneys. One has stuff around it that looks like infection so he has to be seen in the next 72 hours to make sure they don't need to "surgically" remove it. Until then, it's 4 bottles of pills (approximately 10 pills a day) and a strainer to comfort his poor little "twins" as we've come to know them, on their way out of his body. The strainer is to catch the little guys and test them for... well, I'm not really clear on why but he was told to do it.
It's 6:00am Saturday morning and we are finally back home again. I took a nap from 7-10am putting me at a total of 7 hours of sleep in 3 days!! Insanity! These last 3 days just feel like a whirl wind. For some reason, I feel like it's been a week since Thanksgiving... go figure!
Most importantly though, Jake is doing good. He's popping pills left and right and trying his best to keep the pain low. We are all looking forward to future nights of uninterrupted sleep that is for sure!
11 comments:
Sorry to hear that Jake, hope you're feeling better! We don't really have time to get sick at this point in our "career"!!
-Kent
jake we spoke with you for a short min. over the weekend, sorry youre down, the good news you're on the mend. we're thinking about you. SABRINA, what are you thinking being pregnant and all, you better slow down, all i can say is you people sure know how to celebrate the holidays... Take it easy now hugs to all especially the kids. The Mayor
poor jake!! you for sure don't look 8 months pregnant!! so cute!!
Help Sabrina, I forgot how to do tooth whitening on photoshop!!!
Becky
Oh...This story is so sad, but kind of funny at times. (is that rude?) I'm so glad that we could help out a bit during the misery. I hope Jake's little (or should I say big) guys find a speedy exit! Get some sleep. :)
Wow. I was ready to comment on your awesome shopping and how I remembered we did that craziness in Ohio, but then I would feel bad that I didn't mention Jake's delivery of his twins. How sad for him! They do say that passing kidney stones is almost like having kids (for guys).
Hope you all recover sooooon, sleep and passing those kids.
OMG - I can honestly say I totally understand! Poor Jake! now you he knows what labor is like. :) I wish I was there to go shopping with you! I was going crazy not being home with my own car!!
Wow! I am so impressed! And, totally jealous. There aren't any good outlets here which make me miss Aurora even more.
WHOA!!! Lady, you are the probably the coolest pregnant person I know... I was strugglin' with just a 5 hour nap after the 'lets! You know how to push the limit with sleep deprivation :)
Also..
so sorry Jake wasn't feelin' too good and the hospital visit, that's never fun :(
When you said it was a crazy week, you weren't kidding! Hope you're getting more sleep and that Jake's doing better.
WOW. Hope life gets a little less chaotic for you cuz you have a babe a comin.
Hang in there.
Post a Comment