Ahhhhh..... I just had to take a breather for a minute. It feels good to post again after such a long time! No pictures this time, our Mac isn't up and running yet. In fact, nothing is. After 2 weeks here, I still feel boggled and headless. I look around my house, all the boxes emptied and gone, no decorations, furniture out and set up and still... I just don't know what to do with myself. Jake doesn't start work until Monday and I'm thinking it's going to be a hard transition when he does. I've been able to sleep in and Gage has had his "buddy" home to play with while he is still making friends. I'm so used to having everyday scheduled and something to do. Knowing that I have a Monday coming up where it's just me running the household again and nothing to do scheduled, is a little nerve racking. Plus, the fact that I don't have a single thing scheduled for the next three years of my life yet... well, that's just weird.
I can't wait for that feeling you get when you've lived somewhere for a while and you've been there, done that. You can think of a thousand options for activities to do that day or you could just stay home and invite a friend over for your kids. I do have to say that I have made some great friends already and am looking forward to getting to know them better. It has been a ton of fun swimming everyday with the kids and having a nice air conditioned house to come home to.
As much as I love change and seeing new things, it's always an adjustment and it is helping me to look forward to the day we can be settled - which, I never thought that would happen. There is just so much to see! I am incredibly grateful we did the Air Force route and am looking forward to where it takes us.
All in all, we are doing great. And on a really good note, Molli played with a little girl today and didn't hit her once - Yah Molli!!!
9 years ago
5 comments:
Change takes time, huh? I especially hate not knowing where everything is in the grocery stores -- it takes so much longer.
Ughh! You aren't making me any more excited for my soon to come adventure of moving! It really is so hard to get all of it down again. I totally understand!!! Wish I was coming to move in next door! - problem solved!
So glad to see you did an update.. You have been on my mind since you moved.. Glad to know everything is going okay. We miss you, and silly Gage at church too. Tell him we say "Hello". I am happy you have had some time to relax, before life gets all crazy again. I understand your not sure what to do with life phase and getting adjusted to a new place. Just take your time and one day soon everything will just click, and you will make some awesome friends. None will be as "Sexy" as me though, so good luck.. wow, Kaedyn just did a pooper, so she sends her love too. Luvs Kiley
Hi Sabrina! We miss you tons on Oakmont! I've been thinking and praying for all of you with the move. We are beginning to get a little out of sorts here --- I leave on Saturday night (after the Mayfield Car Show, of course) with Chris for Charleston. He'll be with me through Wed., June 18 and will then fly home to be a bachelor for a few weeks. He and the girls will join me the week of July 1. We'll "officially" leave Oakmont on July 2. The girls are going to their various grandparents for a 2 week "vacation" while I'm gone. Dorothy and Sandy are good -- sad and there is a lot of crying right now, but good overall. We're trying to keep positive, but inside we are scared to death. Paul and Carol opened the pool this weekend -- I need to get the girls over there this week to swim. We'll miss you at the car show and we are thinking of you all the time -- even if I don't get a chance to write much. Take care....hugs to the kids! Amy
Welcome back Sabrina. I'm so glad the move when okay and that you had a little time to unwind and relax with the hubby. It a bit of a shocker to actually have a working husband and to have to run the house without him after having him there to play. Good luck! I'm still working on it...
I think Cru took up Molli's habits today, hit away! Ahhh!!
Post a Comment