Sunday, April 06, 2008

COT Graduation

Well, I've been to Wyoming, Utah, San Antonio, back to Wyoming, Cleveland for a few days then to Alabama and back. Whew!!! That was a lot of traveling. Every trip was worth it though. We bought a house in San Antonio so that is nice to have that done. We live right next to Sea World so start planning your vacation! 6 Flags isn't too far away either. And...

He's FINALLY back! I flew to Alabama (without kids) for 2 nights, to see Jake's COT graduation. It was awesome! I have to say, I LOVED his uniforms. I keep trying to find reasons for him to have to wear them again. It really was great, I just can't even put into words how much I enjoyed his graduation and seeing everything he did this last month. It makes us want to make Air Force a career - yeah it was that good!

During the Parade Ceremony, Jake was 'A' Group Materials Officer so he stood out front right where I could get some great pictures of him. Of the 3 Officer's up front, he is the one on the right.

At the end of the ceremony, he had to march quickly to get in the back of his flight. He is the far back right Officer, the one towering over everyone else. He said they lined it up having the tallest people in the far left line but since he was coming from his other position, he had to get in the "short" line.
(Far right) Marching into the field.
This was his roommate for COT. His name is Aaron Bayles but they called him "Chappy" because he is going to be an Air Force Chaplin. His call name was "Pull-tab" because he couldn't find a can opener to open his coffee can. Their Flight Commander looked forever before he found him one. When he asked Chappy if he needed it, Chappy got a sheepish smile on his face and said, "It was a pull-tab can." He was the funniest guys. Jake said he's never met anyone like him. He actually drove down there from a little town in Ohio. Upon driving back, he was on the road for maybe a half an hour when he called Jake saying he got pulled over twice and he left a sweatshirt under his bed! We went back to the room, pulled out his drawers under his bed and found that he actually didn't get anything out from under his bed. So, we'll be meeting up with him sometime to give him all his clothes back. Such a fun guy.
Jake and his Flight Commander Captain Haigh. Jake has a lot of respect for him and it sounds like the respect was returned. Jake really enjoyed his time under his command.


Finally reunited after 5 weeks! Yeah!! It was so great to be there with him. I am sooooo proud of him and the hard work he did. He did his best and actually really enjoyed his time there. I liked meeting all his friends he made. They were a tight group and we're looking forward to staying in contact with them all.

15 comments:

Ashley and Cody said...

Tell your husband congratulations!! I bet you are SO excited to have him back. You look beautiful and my husbands twin brother lives in San Antonio. I will have to get your phone number so I can come and visit if we come down there this summer!!

Sydney said...

Congrats! The pictures look awesome, I don't think I have any of the graduation ceremony, maybe I'll borrow yours and claim that Jared's in the middle somewhere!

So do tell about the house!

gregandlaura said...

That sounds so fun! How exciting that you got to go there for the graduation! You are amazing for lasting 5 weeks! - Thats crazy!! Congrast on buying a house too!

A'Lisha said...

congrats Jake and Brina!! you both look so fabulous!!!

Sarah said...

YEAH... I am sure you are thrilled to have a hubby back. Congrats on the house. Yes, do tell about it. When are you officially out of Cleveland?

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Jake. I know your family missed you. Looks like your new house will fit you all just fine. The pics are really nice Sabrina, great memories, Life is all about Memories.

Welch TLC said...

Sabrina,
You are right the uniforms are pretty great! How exciting for you both, we are going to miss you so much.

Ashlee and Shane said...

That went by fast! I wish i could have gone to Shane's graduation! It looks really cool! I am glad it turned out really good for him and for you! When shane see's these pics he will be excited to talk to jake about all of it.

Sarah said...

Well Congrats to jake for graduating and to both of you for getting a house (I want to see pics). You look beautiful!

Haley said...

How fun! Jake looks sooo official, congrats to you.

So when are you moving to Texas because I'd love to start planning my trip...
Congrats on the new house.

Sherrie said...

How exciting about your new house, and Jake's graduation, AND having you both back in Cleveland for a few more weeks. :) You both look great in the pictures. :)

GoatesGirl said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you both. Lots of hard work and the graduation looks so fun. You've got to love a man in uniform right? Looking forward to seeing pix of the house!

Claudia and Ron said...

There truly is nothing like a military graduation. We are so proud of both you and Jake. You are doing wonderful things with your lives. Jake, you are one handsome dude in uniform - and very tall!

The Larsons said...

That is so neat you got to go to graduation. Thanks for posting all the pics...so I can imagine what it was like for Andrew. :) 5 weeks is not easy...but I have to say it felt faster than I thought, and soon it will be a distant memory. :) Glad you had fun traveling. Fun that you got to meet a lot of those guys at COT. I think I told you, but Andrew's roommate was a Chaplin too. :) Funny. You look adorable, by the way! Love the dress!!!

Cindy Allred said...

Those pics are awesome. Just admit it, I know you cried while you watched him march. It was all I could do to not sniffle as I looked at the pics.