Saturday, March 08, 2008

snow... here, there, & EVERYWHERE!

Today on Oakmont Drive in Lyndhurst, OH:

Question: How many Oakmont Dr. neighbors does is take for snow removal?

Answer:
3 to do my driveway
3 to do my neighbor, Gary's driveway, and...

4 to do my neighbor Steve's driveway.

My driveway only a few hours later:
Yet another reason why I LOVE my neighborhood. They are all so eager to help each other and love being together (even if secretly, I think they were trying to see who's snowblower was better - ha ha). This is why, when other students are missing their families, I'm okay. I have been blessed with my own little Oakmont Family that I love. It's nice to have family at both ends of the nation. Home is where your heart is, that is for sure. And luckily, our hearts can be in many places.

This is of one of my favorite streets here. I just love these huge trees. It is especially beautiful in the fall. I was being a good photographer today and brought my camera everywhere. So, it was in the name of "photography" that I HAD to take a few pictures while driving.
There are good things about snow. I love watching our dogs run in it.

This fuzzy, cuddly, lovable, sweet, innocent, little (did I say little?) I mean big, dog is in need of a place to stay from March 17th to March 31st. Isn't he so cute?? How can you resist? Caddy is staying with the Campbell's and little Bogey (I don't know why I keep saying little) hasn't found a place yet. So, if you are able, let me know. He makes a SUPER great foot warmer too!


And last but not least, when Gage isn't in the kitchen making forts,...
He's outside sledding. He love, LOVES sledding. I stacked up as much snow as I could to make him a hill.
P.S. Church has already been cancelled for tomorrow. I should be excited to stay home and not have to drive in the snow, but it's just not as fun when Jake isn't home. Atleast, he is enjoying somewhat warm weather elsewhere.


8 comments:

Sarah said...

UGH!!!! I am so sorry about the weather. I don't know about you but the snow is starting to depressing me. Love the pictures!

Ashley and Cody said...

I can't believe all the snow! I'm glad you have good people to watch over you, it makes such a difference. I am going to miss the all the good people we've met in dental school and it looks like you will too. Hang in there while your hubby is gone.

Ashlee and Shane said...

I like your pictures! :) I would LOVE to watch your dog for you, BUT i have to try and talk shane into it. I think it would be fun! How would it work since we don't have a fenced in backyard? Have you found anyone yet? I don't think we are going anywhere over spring break either.

Ammieloris said...

I'm glad your neighbors love you and take care of you! Choir practice at the Pack's house last night was kinda funny--everyone lingered afterwards and talked at once. I think we were all people deprived! I'm sure that's worse with your husband gone, and I'm glad your neighbors checked in on you!

Haley said...

Yah, don't miss the snow right now. It LOOKS fun, but I would not want to be in it. Too bad you are a bit "stuck." Serously, let me know if you are making it down to this end of Utah and I'll make Annie come up so we can hang out!

A'Lisha said...

i am soooo sick of snow and i don't even have the amount you do.... where are you going from the 17-31st?

Blondie said...

Holy Snow!! You gotta love your neighbors, so cool. Your photography is great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sabrina, who's who in all the monkey suits blowin that snow? By the way hows your 4 wheel drive behavin lately? You said so much nice stuff about you neighbors, I'm sure I was deleted.