Thursday, January 17, 2008

Late night fun

The other night, Jake had to go to the Jackson's house to pack bins for the Dominican Republic. While he was gone, I went over with the kids to Dorothy and Sandy's house (they're our neighbors for those who don't know). We were there past the kids bedtimes so when I got home I hurried and got them all settled into bed. 45 minutes later (thinking Gage is totally asleep), I hear, "MOMMY!!!" So, I go up stairs and this is what I find: (also, keep in mind that Gage dresses himself)

As you can see, not only did he hold his own little tattoo session, but he also was having a GREAT time with his Book of Mormon, his BBWS Turtle shoes, his dinosaur, Polar bear (that's it's name as well), Rusty (his stuffed dog), and all the rest of his toys out of his side table drawer. He simply told me, "I forgot to brush my teeth!"

The way I see it is, he was sitting there playing with ALL his little toys in bed, drawing a few beautiful pictures on his arms, and thought, "man, I'm bored. What can I do or say to get out of this room? This just won't do... oooooh, I KNOW! Daddy told me to brush my teeth before I go to bed. Silly mom. She TOTALLY forgot. I got her on this one. I'm outta here... MOMMY!!" And the next thing you know, he won and he's doing this:

In all actuality, I'm pretty proud of his arm tattoo's. If you can see, on the inside of his left arm, he drew a little man upside down. I LOVE how he draws people. Also, on his left hand, he wrote his name. Here are a few other drawings he has done lately:
{Apple}

{Snowman}

{Duck}

{Ninja Turtle} (this is btw, Gage's favorite thing in the whole world.  He is "Raf" (Rafael) or one of the turtles everyday.)

5 comments:

H.Cook said...

lol, you seem to know your kids very well. Those pictures (by Gage) are awesome... I think they would look really cute on white onesies for Molli ;)

The Atwood's said...

That is a GREAT idea!! :)

Lauren said...

Sometimes you want to be mad but you just can't be because kids can be so dang cute. Love the art work! I think a few "single moms" are going to Chuck E Cheese on Saturday if you want to come. Call me for details. Everyone who is reading this is invited!!

Sarah said...

HAHAHA...I love it. How funny is that? I'll answer my own question......VERY FUNNY>

Ashley and Cody said...

Your family is so cute! I'm glad you have a blog so I can can see pictures. You sound like you are doing great.