Wednesday, October 03, 2007

On a HAPPIER note...

I just realized (thanks to Allie) that my posts as of late have been extremely depressing! I swear, we've had great moments too and alot of fun. To prove that, I wanted to show these two pictures.

The first one is of our lazy cats. We think it's funny that Fuzz's body is halfway off the couch and he could care less.

And this one is me and Gage sitting on the porch watching a thunder storm. When I was little, I remember my mom taking us kids outside, late at night, to play in the rain. Gage was having a hard time going to sleep and it was 11pm. So, I decided to just get him up. He and I went out and watched the lightning and thunder for a while. I taught him all about how if you count "1 one thousand, 2 one thousand..." after you see lightning until you hear the thunder, it tells you how many miles away the lightning hit. Whether that's true or not, I always did that growing up (I'm sure my parents just made it up to make me even more tired, instead of counting sheep!). Anyway, it was really fun. The only bad thing was I told Gage we couldn't go play in the gutter because the lightning would hit us. A few days later, after picking him up from school, I got him out of the car and it was raining. He said, "MOM!!! We have to hurry inside! The lightning is going to hit us!"

6 comments:

Claudia and Ron said...

Actually, your grandparents told your parents about the 1000, 2000, formula. Their parents probably told them. And so it goes . . . .

Rachel said...

Is Fuzz also on a boppy? Because that's funny, too! I need to post the picture of my cat on the top shelf in our closet. She thinks it's a comfy place to take a nap. Silly cat.

Sarah said...

That is so neat that you took him outside to watch the lightning. I would probably do that w/ Tucker but he would freak out at the first sight of lightning. He's afraid of the thunder too. If you cAN'T tell he takes after me. haha

Ashlee and Shane said...

I saw a few of the pictures that you took of the ingersoll's, and thought they were so cute. I need to get Tanner's one year pictures done...I am just wondering how much you charge.

510Jen said...

What a cute mom you are. I am scared to death of storms which makes my kids that way to. I guess when there is tornados involved that is what happen. I have enjoyed your last couple of posts and I will definitely take you up on the challenge.

alliehoopes said...

The happy posts are good and the sad posts are good too....just sad. Keep them coming :)