Monday, October 01, 2007

BACK IT UP!!!

So, Sunday morning, Jake was working on the computer when all of a sudden...bloop! It went blank. We tried and tried to start it. Pushing that start button as hard as we could; holding it down as long as we could. But to no avail. Our laptop has been slow for the last few months and we knew someday it would go. But considering it is 3 years old, we thought we would have atleast a few months left. It was dead.

The worst part of it was that I hadn't backed up the pictures for a few months AND I just got done taking the Ingersoll's family pictures on Saturday (which I had downloaded to my computer and deleted off my camera- I know, d-u-m-b). So, my heart was basically in my stomach all Sunday long and all today I've just been thinking, "If only I would have taken 2 seconds to back up everything."

Long story short, I took my laptop to my friends husband who gave me the good and bad news. He DID get ALL the pictures and documents off, but the computer is toast. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the computer just because I was so worked up about the pictures. I'm SOOOOOO thankful that he was able to retrieve them. How lucky I am!

Moral of the story: BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP. BACK UP YOUR PICTURES!

3 comments:

510Jen said...

Oh crap Sabrina can I say NIGHTMARE. I think I will be doing that tommorrow.

Sarah said...

Hmmmm...not that I am a professional photographer but how do I back up my pictures?

The Atwood's said...

You need to just copy all your pictures/documents on to cd's or get an external hard drive and back it up to that. You can get them at Costco or anywhere pretty much. They're usually from $100 up but totally worth it.