The weekend started off with me going with my friends to celebrate Becky Campbell's baby who is coming in September. We've been doing this thing where when one of our friends is pregnant but doesn't "qualify" for a shower, we go to dinner (or lunch in this case). We went to "Remember When Tea Room". It's one of my favorite places out here. I thought that since Becky is having her 4th boy, we should do something girly...this definately fits the criteria. There is mismatched tea sets and all sorts of frilly decorations. It's great.

Then, Becky's husband J.J. FORCED me to take Becky to get a massage! Yeah right. The conversation went like this:
Me to J.J.- I want to do something girly for Becky since all she has is boys. Maybe paint our toenails or something like that.
J.J.- Becky has always wanted to get a massage but I won't go with her. You should take her.
Me- Do I have to? (as if I really said that)
Let's try that again...
Me- YEAH, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! WOOOOHOOOO!
And it was.
(By-the-way, Jake and J.J., being the awesome husbands they are, took the kids to the church to ride their bikes and played with them all day while we were gone. They had a great time and the only injury was Gage getting a golf club to the face... it sounds worse than it really was.)

Our night ended as we wish we could end all our nights, relaxing with our fabulous neighbors, Dorothy and Sandy, sitting around the firepit. They LOVE our little kiddlings and we LOVE them. They say they'll miss us when we're gone but with as much as our cats visit the restroom on their lawn, I'm sure they're already looking forward to it! You love us Dorothy and Sandy and you KNOW it!

Sunday morning, Gage helped me make muffins. By "help" I mean that he licked the spoon between every scoop of filling the muffin cups. Don't worry, we didn't take any of these to our neighbors.

Today was filled with the aroma of PEACH JAM...oh how we love it! I pretty much spent the majority of the day scorching, pealing, smashing, stirring, filling, twisting, dipping, and listening to the sound of bottle lids popping letting me know they are complete and sanitary. All in a days work. 16 pints of jam baby!

Lately Gage just loves going a getting Molli when he hears her yell/cry over the monitor. He's always asking me, "Can I go get Molli now, Mommy?" So, when I think she is serious, I'll let him go. I'll be downstairs listening to the monitor and hearing Gage talk to Molli. He'll sing her songs, try to make her laugh, or bounce on her bed to give a real thrill. He sure loves her and she bursts into a smile everytime she sees him.

Last but not least, little Molli is sitting up. She's been sitting up since we got back from vacation 2 weeks ago but it doesn't stop her diving for something she wants.
8 comments:
What a fun place to eat at. I've never heard of it and it makes me sad. What a fun day. 4 boys, that's going to be me, I just know it!
I'm impressed with the jam making skills. I've never even thought of making jam so good for you! Looks yummy!
Oh, homemade jam is the best. I hate store bought now that I can can (not the dance) my own! You should try it. I would love to help you long distance of course.
Oh man your week made me tired. It's a good thing there was some relaxing parts of it. I really need a lesson on homemade jam I love it too I only know the freezer jam. And what about this restaurant I never went to what the heck. I guess I missed out on that one right.
WOW busy busy busy! Look at you looking all cute and stuff! I am proud of you for making all that jam. My mom does that all the time and I love the end product but I just am toooooo lazy to actually spend all that time doing it. Well sounds like you are having fun!
Sabrina... yeah, way to go on the yummy jam. How I will miss those peaches! I made strawberry freezer jam though.
Wish I could have gone to the tea party too, I was so sad I never made it there. Fun, fun.
Hey! I'm so jealous of the tea room!!! I miss you guys! So sorry to do this to you, but your "it" - see my blog. :) (and don't feel any pressure, its kind of annoying if you ask me. :) ) miss ya!
Looks like fun! I still want to go there before we leave!
Thanks for the photo and mention . . . and YES . . . we WILL more than miss you all . . . so remember to tell us your new address so we can come and visit - San Antonio is a great place to start our regular visits as we watch your family grow!
Love, your neighbors, Sandy & Dorothy
Post a Comment