Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Making Friends

Yesterday, after Hula practice in the car on the way home, Molli says to me, "I know we are moving and I am going to have to make new friends.  So, I decided I need to practice doing it.  At recess there was a girl I didn't know and I wanted to try to be her friend...but I was too scared to."  She then went on to explain how after Hula when she was playing in the park waiting for Gage's Hula to finish, she played with a kid from school and so did Daxlee.  She was proud of herself that she played with him even though he's not one of her everyday friends.

I am so proud of her.  That little mind of hers is not opened up very often.  She is somewhat timid and shy so I love when these little glances into her thoughts come out.  I didn't realize she is so worried about making new friends when we move.  I guess I figured we have done it so much that it's just second nature for all of us.  I'm impressed that she came up with the plan to "practice making new friends" in order to prepare for the big move back to the states.  

I told her last night before bed, to just start with introducing herself to someone new today.  It will just be one step and then she can take another step another day.  Her reply was, "Maybe I should  just start with asking if I can play instead?"  lol  Okay!  You go girl!

No comments: