Friday, April 13, 2012

A Day with our Foster Friends in England

Johnny and Becky (& Hazel) are our buddies from San Antonio. They moved to England when we moved to Germany. We were very excited to spend a day (& a night) with them. But before we get into that, living up to the "Jake Atwood Family Way", ... we bought a new car!!!
Okay, well maybe that isn't true. Actually, Johnny bought this sweet little love of a machine and it is all Jake can think about now. Conveniently (let me specify that this is "convenient" for Jake), there is a dealer for these mini's in the village right next to us! How could we be ever so lucky?!? (yes, there is a bit of sarcasm here. I do absolutely love this little car and would definitely want one of my own. However, it's just the beginning of yet another, long, long, hunt, and many hours of listening to Jake be ever so passionate about something that may - or may not- actually come to pass.) So, for now, let's just enjoy the possibilities.
I think we just needed some silly time with the camera.
Abbey Gardens
I would say, this is the "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop" photoshoot. How many pictures does it take to get to a perfect family photo? Well, depends on your definition of "perfect". The first little square next to the main one was our attempt to get little Hazel in with the kids. Attempt - failed.

By the end, as you will see, Molli was really the only one who REALLY wanted to pose for a photo. But it was fun trying and I thoroughly enjoy looking at the process.
This was a...uh...I think maybe my thoughts with this picture were "show the glorious belly within!" I think I accomplished it...in a rather...odd sort of way. Oh well. It's a picture of me and those are few and far between. Moving on...

The girls spent most of their time in the gardens with their shoes off...amongst birds... and their fecal matter. Very sanitary but being a lover of shoeless feet, I would have done the same at their age.
I LOVE this photo of Jake. He's just so dark, tall, and handsome in this. Yup, he's a hotty.

Why is Jake sitting on a steep wall with no stairs around? Well, I have found that if I say "I double - dog dare you..." and "Ya, I bet you can't do ..." then I can get Jake to pretty much do anything I want. So, off he went and scaled the wall.
What was better though, was his descent. The pictures really weren't that entertaining on their own so I added my own captions. Click on the photo for a little comic strip fun...at the expense of Johnny and Jake.
Um...Becky? What the...? Lunges? Deep thinking? Accepting an award for taking first place in the Olympic hurtles? Either way, it explains alot about why we are friends.
Just pure cuteness. My mom says she reminds her of me...aren't I so sweet and cute?!? :)
There were just so many fun rock formations around. I couldn't get enough pictures of them...or the wee little ones.



Ha! A picture of Hazel! And apparently I can only get Johnny's back side. Either way, it was darn cute to see her holding hands with Molli. She is such a cute little lamb!



We passed this sign almost every day - twice a day! So, if anyone is looking for "water butts"... you now know where to get them.
Favorite thing about England? Tea rooms. Because tea rooms produce happy little girls and scones with cream. No further explanation needed.




2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

bwah! I'm laughing so hard right now!!! Your comic strip was amazing! Every last pic and commentary just made my day. Come back, that was just too short and sweet!

Claudia and Ron said...

Loved the comic strip. I really don't remember saying you were sweet - but you were very cute. That's probably why you lived. Love the pictures. So excited to see all of you soon.