A couple of years ago, we inherrited this awesome snowman that drums a couple of Christmas songs. I remember when we received it from DorothySandy (as my kids call them) in Ohio. The first time they turned it on, I thought, "oh no, this is one of those Christmas toys that go on, and on, and on, ...and on. We will be sick of this in no time!"
However, within minutes, I was in love with this little snowman because it made my kids eyes light up!
This year, we broke out all our Christmas decor and I was so happy to see this little guy again. Apparently, so were the kids because they have played it NON-STOP since it emerged from the box! I love it! The girls just dance all around the room to it and when it stops, they run back, push the button, and off they go again.
Well, today, I was cooking and I looked over at the girls and caught them doing the cutest thing. They were sitting there with huge smiles on their faces, one arm around the other, rocking back and forth to the beat of the music. They would look at each other and laugh, then push the button again. I should have video'd it but I was too busy enjoying the moment, thinking of our awesome neighbors from Ohio, who have been a part of our family ever since.
We love you guys!!!
However, within minutes, I was in love with this little snowman because it made my kids eyes light up!
This year, we broke out all our Christmas decor and I was so happy to see this little guy again. Apparently, so were the kids because they have played it NON-STOP since it emerged from the box! I love it! The girls just dance all around the room to it and when it stops, they run back, push the button, and off they go again.
Well, today, I was cooking and I looked over at the girls and caught them doing the cutest thing. They were sitting there with huge smiles on their faces, one arm around the other, rocking back and forth to the beat of the music. They would look at each other and laugh, then push the button again. I should have video'd it but I was too busy enjoying the moment, thinking of our awesome neighbors from Ohio, who have been a part of our family ever since.
We love you guys!!!
This story doesn't end there however. Even though Dorothy and Sandy are in a different country, we still feel like they are with us. In fact, we can hear their voices speaking to us,... everyday....literally! I think it was last Christmas (or maybe two Christmas's ago) that they sent the kids one of those books where they recorded themselves reading it so when the kids turn the pages, they hear Dorothy and Sandy read the words. Lately, they have been listening to it EVERYDAY! So, fear not, you are with us always! :)
2 comments:
Just precious, so-oo precious.
Awesome! And now, since we have TWO of those little snowmen with the exuberant Christmas carols, we all especially connected to you when we play ours (we'll when Sandy mostly plays them!) Thanks for sharing some special moments with us all over again!
Love and Miss you all, DorothySandy of Cleveland
Post a Comment