Well, I made the mistake of letting Jake take a few pictures on our date. It should be pretty easy to tell which ones he took.
Admittedly, I DID take the rabbit pictures...
Is this not the scariest looking Jack rabbit you have ever seen? Nothing in his eyes says, "Oh hey you! Want an Easter basket?" Instead, I think he was saying, "Looooook into my eyes! You are getting vvvveeerrrryyy sleeeeeeepy!" He's totally that meat eating rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail!" Yah, I said it, I watched that movie and I LIKED it... ALOT!!!
Just to clarify, ... I did not take this picture!
Nor this one. But it is a great pose!
I spy, with my little eye.... gangly arms holding a camera out.
Honestly, for some reason, Jake and I LOVE taking pictures like this. It's really difficult and we end up laughing through the whole experience.

There were some really cool scenic Tee-shots.
We could see downtown San Antonio all the way from this little hill. It was beautiful. A GREAT make-out place! Ha, j/k Jake and I don't kiss anymore, that's only for 2, 3, and 4 year anniversaries... or is it?!?
7 Years.... it seems more like 5 for some reason. I have to say, that they have been awesome! Sure there have been ups and downs. Times when I've thought, "oh man, how did I get here?" But they have been overshadowed by the many, many wonderful times we've had. I seriously could not have picked a better husband had I done it myself. Luckily, Heavenly Father knows me better than I do and picked him for me.
Jake and I have been the best of friends since the day we met. From there, it blossomed into friends with benefits and eventually into a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship. Until one day, I just realized that I couldn't live without him. It really was that simple. I couldn't picture my life without him in it.
I can't even say I really knew what love was when we were first engaged and married. Each year, I get a better understanding of it and think, "Wow, I really didn't know what love was until this year." And the next year I say the same thing and the cycle goes on. My love for him just continues to grow and grow. We've only been married for 7 years and I love him so much. I can't imagine what our relationship will be like 10 years from now and so on!
So, here's a little "HOLLA" to my main man to thank him for the splendid being he is:
Ode To Jake
Did you ever know that your my hero?
You're everything I would like to be... (no, really!)
Whenever I feel like a big ZERO
You always come and rescue me. (You know, by reminding me that you're the only best friend I need)
You've patiently supported me through pregnancies,
That's a large feet for any man. (I can be such a bear!)
And with my brain escaping me,
You're still happy to be my only fan! (When will my stupidity end?)
I don't think you comprehend
How helpful you really are?
When laundry's not done, the kitchens a mess, and I'm at my wits end...
You come home and make sanity seem not so far. (Because it gets really, really far away sometimes)
Just know that I am not me without you (That's the real reason I don't vacation alone very long.)
And I hate that your schedule keeps you away.
But I know that it is something we need to do
And I'll continue to love you more every day! (except on Monday, because that's recycle day and that's very important. But you can bet on Wednesday because that's "Business Time"!)
I love you honey! Happy Anniversary!!!
10 comments:
Love it! Thats adorable! Happy seven years! Gosh - you guys are old! :)
Happy Anniversary to you! Time goes so fast huh! We pass you up by being married 9 1/2! You look awesome in your cute plaid shorts by the way.:)
Happy happy happy hapy
"Happy Anniversary"
Good Job on spending some good quality and hopefully "make - out"
time together...
Miss You..
Ah, this is so-oo sweet! Loved it. And I think that the picture of your butt is really pretty, and I know that you set the timer and posed for that one.
7 years, AWESOME!! You two do make a very cute couple :). Congrats on baby Daxlee, so darn cute. We sure miss you guys, Happy Baby and Happy Anniversary!
What a great way to celebrate with a round of golf! 7 down... infinity to go!
and I did get a big kick out of the shout out for business time! Recycle day is very important.
You are the cutest little wife. I your buns. Jealous skinny minnie.
Great bum shots! :) Happy anniversary to you guys. Keep these updates coming since it seems the best way for me to see those kiddles grow up!
Finally did a bit of 'catching up' via your site -- would much rather of just "walked next door". We miss you all and continue to share in your life's journey and know that all that truly matters in the end is that you have loved. We hope you set a world's record!
Hugs all around, Sandy & Dorothy
Happy Anniversary! It's been awhile since I checked up on anyone's blogs and your family looks so grown up and fun. I am going to tell Matt about Jake's race - he has started to get all back in shape lately too - I'm sure it has something to do with me getting bigger and bigger as I'm pregnant.
Post a Comment