Thursday, January 31, 2008

President Hinckley

newsroom.lds.org.jpg
For those of you who are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (known more widely as "Mormons"), President Hinckley was the president of our church for the last 12 years. I was standing in the airport on Sunday, waiting for my luggage when I received the news of President Hinckley's death.  He died at the ripe age of 97 years old - what a long wonderful life he has lived.  He has accomplished so much.  He has been a fountain of inspiration for me. He had a wonderful sense of humor, dedication to the Lord, was outgoing, and is going to be missed.  Part of me is REALLY going to miss his whit and spirit but part of me is so happy for him to be with his wonderful wife, Marjorie, again.  I know he'll be welcomed with open arms from the Lord and am so grateful that I have been able to get to know him through his service to the Lord the last 12 years.  What a wonderful man and what a wonderful role model he has been.  

I just wanted to attatch the link to his talk in General Conference from last April.  It shows his whit, love for the people, and dedication to the Lord.  If you have a minute, take some time and read it (you'll have to copy it and paste it in your browser or go to lds.org and search for "The Things of Which I Know").  Also, his funeral services will be broadcasted at 1pm our time on byutv.org.


http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=20d1b5658af22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

No comments: